Pick-up of musical instruments for children on Saturday, several locations
MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music (WCM) will host a regional instrument player Saturday, October 2 for families in Southeast Wisconsin who cannot afford to rent or purchase an instrument on their own.
WCM accepts donations of gently used instruments that will be cleaned, repaired, and then donated to students and community members who have expressed an interest in learning to play music.
There will be four collection centers where instruments can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. (locations listed below). Those interested in supporting this effort but without an instrument to donate can make a donation to the Online Instrument Repair Fund.
- Brass (Trombone, Trumpet, French Horn, Tuba, Euphonium, Various Horns)
- Strings (Cello, Double Bass, Harp, Viola, Violin)
- Guitar (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Electric Bass, Ukulele)
- The winds (Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Piccolo, Saxophone – all types)
- Percussion (Complete Drum Sets)
- Accessories (New instrument cases, instrument cleaning supplies)
In this moment do not a need for pianos, organs, kazoos, recorders, hand drums, cajons, frame drums, congas and bongos. WCM prefers that donated instruments come with a case.
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, topical emails from FOX6 News
Collection Center Locations
McIntosh | Goodrich Manor
1584 N. Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee
Audubon Court Shopping Center
333 W. Brown Deer Road, Fox Point
Brass Bell music store
210 W. Silver Spring Drive, Milwaukee
Music & Arts
12805 W. Janesville Road, Muskego
After the October 2 collection, donations will continue to be accepted on an as-needed basis at the McIntosh|Goodrich Mansion.
Since 2017, WCM has collected and housed over 300 instruments through the generosity of the Milwaukee community.