Piano Day is celebrated every year on March 29 to promote this beautiful musical instrument. A piano is used everywhere in concerts and has a long history of bringing music to life with its delicate sound and beautiful resonance. It doesn’t matter if you play the piano yourself or have an appreciation for this kind of music, we can all understand that listening to a quality pianist is a joy. Today is a great day to explore information about this instrument if you don’t know much about the piano. At Piano day 2021, we will share with you 11 interesting facts about this instrument.
The celebration of Piano Day aims to create a platform for piano related projects to promote musical dimensions and continue to share the age-old joy of playing the piano. Piano Day welcomes all kinds of piano lovers – young and old, amateurs and professionals, from all musical directions. Now let’s see some facts about the piano. World Theater Day 2021: 11 Interesting Facts About This Art Form You May Not Know About!
1. The piano was invented in Italy in 1709 by the harpsichord maker Bartolomeo di Francesco Cristofori. One of Cristofori’s original pianos is still in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
2. The word piano is the shortened version of the word pianoforte, which means soft (piano) and strong (strong).
3. The first pianos were too expensive for even the richest to own. For almost a century, only aristocrats could afford to have a piano.
4. A new piano should be tuned four times a year to adapt to its new environment and the changing seasons. After the first year, adjustment twice a year is sufficient.
5. The pianos have a total of 88 black and white keys.
6. The piano is an incredibly complex instrument. It has more than 12,000 pieces, including 10,000 in motion.
7. In the United States alone, there are 18 million non-professional pianists.
8. The harp, or the metallic structure of the piano, is usually made of cast iron.
9. The largest piano ever made weighs 1.4 tons and is 5.7 meters long, designed by Adrian Mann, a New Zealand piano tuner.
10. Polish musician Romuald Koperski holds the record for the longest piano concert, which lasted 103 hours and 8 seconds.
11. The best brand of piano is considered Steinway. The Steinway family have been making pianos since 1853.
On Piano Day 2021, you can watch events and programs online due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Piano lovers should find unique ways to celebrate this musical day.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on March 28, 2021 at 7:28 a.m. IST. For more information and updates on Politics, World, Sports, Entertainment, and Lifestyle , connect to our website Latestly.com).